The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development
To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK
- On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
- To work as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers
In addition, KVKs produce quality technological products (seed, planting material, bio-agents, livestock) and make it available to farmers, organize frontline extension activities, identify and document selected farm innovations and converge with ongoing schemes and programs within the mandate of KVK.
Uniqueness of our KVK
- Creation of valuable resources in terms of manpower and assets
- Confirmation of technologies to suit local specificity
- Showcasing the frontier technologies
- Capacity building among stakeholders
- Front runner in technological application, information and inputs
- Participatory approaches in planning, implementing, executing & evaluation