KVK Mehsana have three functionalize laboratory as
Soil and Water Testing Lab - STL
Plant Health Laboratory - PHC
Leaf - Tissue Analysis Laboratory - LTF
Soil and Water Testing Lab - STL
Soil and water testing laboratory was established in KVK in 2011. Main objective of the STL lab is to provide the Soil Health Card to farmers and scientific approach in agriculture practices in term of judicial uses of fertilizers. Recently Government focus on importance of Soil health Card due to Fertilizer consumption in India is highly skewed with different area and crops. Though there has been an impressive growth in the consumption of fertilizers in post green revolution period so it is top most priority of times to control the consumption of fertiliser and reach potential yield of crops as well as improved soil fertility.
- Farmers can be advised to improve the plant health status based on Soil nutrient Status
- To judicious uses of fertilizers base on recommendation and soil health
- Provide guidance on soil reclamation and related areas.
We are offering the following analytical components to be analysed from the Soil with nominal charges like No loss No profit base. We also analysis the water quality for the irrigation purpose.
- Macro: Available Nitrogen, Available Phosphorus, Available Potash, Organic Carbon, pH and Conductivity of Soil
- Micro : Sulphur, Iron, Manganese, Zinc, Copper,
List of Instruments
- pH Meter
- Conductivity Meter / TDS Meter
- Flame Photometer for Potash
- Spectrophotometer for Phosphorus
- Kjeldahl Digestion and Distillation Unit for Nitrogen
- Atomic Absorption spectrophotometer for micro nutrient analysis
- Water distillation unit
- Highly precious weighting machine / Balance
Plant Health Clinic - PHC
Plant Health clinic is unique initiative tried by KVK, Mehsana to link the farmers with the scientific knoweldge. With farmers realizing benefits from this service, there is a growing demand for the service of the plant health clinics. PHC established under the scheme for providing adequate diagnostic and advisory facilities to farmers on time and also to facilitate eco-friendly and scientific pest manamegement strategies to increase production and productivity. PHC is mainly working on pests and diseases diagnosis and to advisories as well as farmers field activities for the benefit of farming community.
- Now a days, farmers faces the problem like eratic weather, incidence of pests and diseases, weeds, etc and therefore, severe losses in crop/plants.
- The plant doctors, help the farmers with as much support as they can in terms of education, diagnosis and prescription.
The PHC is well-equipped with Autoclave, Leminar Airflow, BOD Incubator, Refrigerator, Shaker, Ellisa Reader, Centrifuze, Computer, Digital Camera, Digital Microscope, pH meter, EC meter.
Seliant feature :
The clinic is now promoting various sustainable technologies such as ecologicial engineering, Agro eco-system analysis, on farm production of bio control agents along with regular pest and diseases diagnosis and surveillance based advisories. The activities and out reach activities of the PHC are acting as a total situation which strengthens the whole plant health system.
Home science laboratory
Home science laboratory give to practical and method demonstration to farm women under On campus training programme. In this lab we provided training on Value addition, tailoring and stitching, fruit and vegetable preservation to the farm women. Solar cooker, Aonla juice machine, Mini solar dryer, Tailoring constructed in krishi Vigyan Kendra, Mehsana for Practical purpose. Its main objective is to machine, Micro oven, Refridgerator, Weighing machine and basic need kitchen equipment available in the Home science laboratory.